Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rib Rub...Rib Rub...


Say that 3 times fast!! I mixed up some batches of rib rub yesterday, a sweet rub (on the left) and a spicy rub (on the right). I located recipes on www.meat-smoking.com....and I altered them slightly...
Currently, there are two racks of side ribs in the fridge with one rubbed in the spicy and another rubbed in the sweet - will be interesting to see how they turn out! If this damn rain would go away so I don't get soaked BBQing them!







Recipes:

Sweet Dry Rub for Ribs

6 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon mustard powder

I pretty much followed this recipe to a T - doubled the batch so I had additional rub on hand for the next time. I did use a mix of 'regular' paprika and smoked paprika in this one.

Spicy Dry Rub for Ribs

6 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons salt
3 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
use Habanero peppers or for more flavour Chipotle peppers (dried & smoked jalapeno peppers) to add real heat

I didn't have cayenne pepper, and thought I had picked up some chipotle powder, but, it must have fallen through the rails of the shopping cart, so I used chili powder (just a touch) in its place.

Will be interesting to see how they turn out - nothing like making your family guinea pigs!!

No comments: